Thursday, 15 August 2013

New Designer Discovery: Cushnie et Ochs

Although I've only just recently posted about my supposed "unrivaled" love for Dion Lee, it seems that I have already found a second love...what can I say, my desire for beautiful clothing can not be satiated with only one designer!

Seeing a picture of Lily Collins at the Mortal Instruments: City of Bones Premier in a Cushnie et Ochs dress. I was taken aback not only by the beautiful styling of Ms. Collins (dark romance to the max), but the dress inspired me to look further into the designer, only to discover the stunning collections by the designer duo- Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs (see voguepedia)

Image source: here
Below are three of my favourite (albeit more recent) collections from the designers.

F/W '13

Resort 2013

Resort 2014
There is something so aesthetically pleasing about the clean-cut, simple, design which juxtaposes the hard and the soft, the masculine and the feminine. Cushnie and Och play with the boundaries and androgyny and femininity and that is what is so stunning. One of my fashion design tutors once told me that to do the create something that is so seemingly is simple is deceptively easy, and so I've found that the minimalist and clean aesthetic is one of my favourites!

Even the colour palette is ├╝ber chic, and often plays with the boundaries of what can be defined as a monochromatic scale. I love the statement colours that stand out amongst the different textures of blacks, whites and creams. 

Overall, I have fallen in love with these designs and have found yet another source of inspiration, once to hopefully provide a stepping stone towards me finding my own style; I will definitely be watching Cushnie et Ochs in seasons to come.

----------------------
All images can be found on style.com

 /\  /\ 
(>'.'<)  x

No comments:

Post a Comment