Friday, 23 August 2013

Defining Style: Is This Kid Better Dressed Than You Are?

I can't remember where I can across this article but I believe it might have been through the wonderful website StumbleUpon (the miracle source of endless procrastination)

According to the article, five-year-old Alonso Mateo has taken the internet by storm. Son of freelance stylist Luisa Fernanda Espinosa, Alonso has become somewhat of a style sensation with thousands of 'likes' and views on Instagram and Facebook everyday. I can definitely see why. It is hard to define style and describe what it means to have it, but if you were able to use photographs in pictionary these are what I would use.

They are a visually overwhelming combination of 'oh my god look at this boy! how can he have so much style at such a young age' to 'oh my god how adorable is this kid?!' Whilst his mother is a freelance stylist, she says that most of his clothing decisions are his own. I would definitely say that this style prodigy could be/is the inspiration and source of envy for many (who are unsure of their own styles).






Paired with Alexander Wang's niece, Alia Wang, you have the two very young style icons...(?) kids who are better dressed than countless 'grown-ups'. Since when was it okay for five and three-year-olds to be better dressed than me....?

All images of Alonso were found here. All images of Alia Wang are easily found on Google Images.

 /\  /\ 
(>'.'<)  x

No comments:

Post a Comment