Friday, 26 July 2013

SIGNAL BOOST: Finding the relevance of couture at Maison Martin Margiela, Ivania Carprio


N O V E L T Y/Finding the relevance of couture at Maison Martin Margiela: Haute Couture always felt like something very distant to me. Something that I'd only occasionally see presented on a dead plastic m...

Love this post by Ivania, I find it particularly interesting how she transitioned from not understanding Haute Couture at all, even considering it (perhaps) irrelevant, yet just seeing it in person changed her views completely. Personally, I always loved looking at images and watching videos of the Haute Couture shows as they were awe-inspiring. To know that these beautiful, exquisite, albeit completely elitist garments were conceived by mere human beings made me awestruck! Despite understanding Carpio's point about very few people being able to access this fashion, I think the elitist aspect of the Haute Couture makes it all the more magical, what can I say, I'm a sucker for the unattainable.

 /\  /\ 
(>'.'<)  x

No comments:

Post a Comment