Saturday, 27 July 2013

My unrivaled love for Dion Lee

Between the masses of posts of Dion Lee's designs all over the internet, I have fallen in L-O-V-E-love with the Australian brand. The designs are stunning architecturally and construction wise and the design aesthetic is just so... beautiful (sorry, I am somewhat at a loss for words).

The more and more I research into the brand's collections the more I fall in love. What first caught my eye was this picture on tumblr, I was taken with the innovation and individuality of the sweater and just had to find out who designed it. From there my love for the designer has grown infinitely. After my post on the collaboration between Dion Lee and Mason Mulholland, I knew that I wanted to do a Dion Lee focused blog, so I started looking into the designer's previous collections and, my 21st century teenage self has no other way of putting it but, I died.

There were vast amounts of posts on his collections from style.com to tumblr posts to new websites which I had never even heard of. I think the point at which I knew I had fallen in love with the designer was when I came across pleatfarm's post on the 2010 collection. There I came across the most inspiring, exquisite, beautiful, magnificent,... let's just say I'm not educated enough in the English language to succinctly convey my love for this collection (see below).




All images found here

And then I progressed to style.com and proceeded to 'die' again.

F/W '12 RTW
F/W '12 RTW
Resort '13
Resort '13
Resort '13
Resort '14
Resort '14
All images can be found here

And theeeennnnnn to find DIY posts for his designs (see feed your style for a tutorial and a pair and a spare for DIY inspiration, I have now found what I'm going to be doing for the rest of summer!

- Sidenote: Just out of curiosity I looked up for Dion Lee internships and I found one here, unfortunately I don't have the necessary experience but now that I've found my love for Lee's designs and aesthetic there'll be no stopping me once I've finished my degree.

So yes, I am in love with Dion Lee. The designer has reignited my interest and passion for fashion as well as inspired me to work even harder so that I can be where I want to be in the future.

 /\  /\ 
(>'.'<)  x

-------------------
p.s. I feel like there will be many DIY posts to follow, I have found my new passion (thank god I have Acee to share it with!)

No comments:

Post a Comment